Some quick interviewing tips Kerry Lutz recently shared:
Some tips to interviewing that I’ve found helpful over the years.
- Write your show notes before the interview. It will focus you.
- Don’t write out questions; do bullet points.
- Have your intro done in advance, but always keep it brief. Don’t list all of your guest’s accomplishments in 10 seconds or less.
- Open-ended questions.
- Look for the angle–especially with people who get interviewed a lot.
- Ask them something about themselves that nobody knows about. Example: “What’s an interest you have when you’re not at work?”
- Remember, facts tell and stories sell, as Wayne Allyn Root says.